Friday 2 June 2017

A game for speaking skills



               As it is indicated many times, games are vital for children. It is the best way for them to acquire a language. That’s the reason why a teacher should learn games as much as he/she can, so let’s look at a game that I played once and really liked it. Its name is “Call My Bluff” before explain how to play this game, I would like to talk about its benefits: Firstly it is a very good way to improve your students' speaking skills, because they have to ask and answer question during the play. Secondly, it is a perfect icebreaker, because the students should work together and know something about their selves as the game needs some secret information. Lastly, this game is appropriate for every age and do not require any materials and any preparation, so it can be played anytime.
                As for playing, I will explain it through the way we played in the classroom: Our teacher told us 3 things about herself which are that 1) she can speak three languages, 2) she has a big dog, 3) she has been to Canada once. After that, she said one thing that she said was a lie. Can you guess which one? She also allowed us to ask some questions that I do not remember. The lie was the first one. She cannot speak three languages. Thanks to that example, we understood how to play that game.
We worked in pair. I told something that everyone does not know about me and my friend did the same.  1) we both have two kidneys, 2) we watched the movie “Lobster” in the cinema yesterday, 3) we both can speak 3 languages.
After asking some question, they failed to find the wrong one. However, one of my close friend who already knew I have one kidney, find the wrong one.
I was at the first grade in university. It means that game can be played with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment